Hands on Social Media Bootcamp
This course will assist you to update your professional skills and profiles with through social media and community building training. This workshop is hands on. You will leave with a professional looking profiles and know how to use them in a safe, productive manner. The tools you will walk away with will, assist you to efficiently communicate online in social spaces, expand your influence, improve outreach and connect to similar communities in your profession to share skills, information, build communities and research opportunities
We will cover:
- Achieve better connection with online communities, increase your influence and ability to communicate to your target audience.
- Facebook pages and profiles and how to keep your personal information safe
- Twitter and how to make sure you have the latest new, can use it in emergency situations and build your own following and community that you will find and offer value to.
- LinkedIn – what should be on it, how to use it as a value statement for your institution and your work. Learn how other institutions are using it for hiring, finding students, sharing research and developing their foundations through good communications with other professionals in the required field.
- Blogs – how they can be a benefit to you, your research, teaching and institution.
- We will cover SEO, YouTube, and more.
- How to share discussions, images, audio and video on social networks
- Learn to monitor social media by keywords in your community.
- Build a safe social network with colleges, staff and students.
Time: 9 – 4 PM
9 – 9:30 Welcome and Computers connected online
9:30 Introduction of Staff – and Anyssa
10:00 How are students making decisions?
11:00 LinkedIn for Business
1:00 Blogs -Websites – Youtube
3:30 Closing questions and more on Hootsuite